Monday, November 16, 2009

Relationships

Today in class we discussed relationships in depth. Brother Embree asked us to think of two relationships that we've had that have gone bad, or that we want to strengthen. I thought of all my relationships and realized several that may have gone "bad" over the years. Friends from high school that I once was so close with, have seemed to wander on to different paths than I have taken. But then, I've met so many new people that mean SO much to me, and for different reasons. I'm realizing that I'm growing up and maturing and finding importance in different areas than I did when in high school. Then it was all very superficial and now it seems so real.
Thinking about the relationships I'm gaining and losing makes me think about those people that are important to me:
My family is number one! These people are not only my family (mother, father, siblings) they are my best friends! People think it's silly that I call my mother 3 times or more a day, but when I want to just "chat".. that's who I call. I turn to them for advice, for love, for comfort, and for everything else I need. I hope that they feel the same about me.
My roommates are essential to my happiness here at school. In the past I've had roommates that, you know the saying "Make it or break it?" well... suffice it to say, they broke it. Finally I made the best decision I've made since I've been here at school and moved in with the people I live with now. What a joy they bring to my life! They offer advice, support, a shoulder to cry on, and FUN! I know these are lasting relationships because the give and take is the same on both sides. It's a healthy great relationship.
My friends at work are the people that are next closest to me. I would call them my best friends as well. I tell them about my day, my life, boys... everything! (after 3 hours of work everyday- you pretty much know them inside and out) They also keep me going, cheer me up, and help me to see the brighter side of things- or they grump with me :)
I love relationships- making new friends.
I guess after all of this evaluation I hope that if I read a post on my friend's friends, I could be listed on their lists. I hope that I am as great a friend in return as they are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment