Friday, October 16, 2009

emotion

I think it's interesting that most of my classes this semester have connections to each other. Specifically all of them to my communication class. It's really cool! In class this morning we discussed emotions and in my Spanish class, i coincidentally am teaching a lesson on emotions. So now I can add some newly gained input from my comm class.

My teacher brought up an interesting point when it comes to emotions. They can either be good or bad depending on intensity or duration. We were sent home with an assignment to think about if there were any emotions we could think of that were ones we didn't need.
Now- I'm a person with MANY emotions, I mean, I'm a theatre major for heaven sakes. I believe emotions are essential to our existence. I think that all emotions have the potential to be for our good. Some would argue that hate should never be an emotion used. I don't necessarily see hate as an emotion- I think that hate is an attitude toward things, situations, or people. It's an attitude that we can change. They'd argue that we don't need anger, but I think that anger is a very useful emotion because it can foster situations to help a person grow. Take the play, "Much Ado about Nothing", there are two main relationships, one- they never argue or get angry, the other is always bickering and resolving. Honestly, which will last longer? I forsee the relationship of bickering lasting longer in the end than the other, b/c they argue, they get angry, they resolve things together and end up growing together in those aspects because they're able to present them to one another.

I think that all emotions are necessary to our growth in this life. Yes, the Savior was perfect, he never exhibited "hate" but he again, is perfect. We are the natural man, and I believe that we were blessed with emotions so that we can take each situation and apply it in our lives to help us grow so that we can, put off the natural man and become perfected as our Redeemer is.

I guess some would say I have some strong opinions about this topic, but I believe what I believe. And I know what I know. :)

just food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment