Thursday, October 29, 2009

Swine Flu :(

Let me tell you what- Swine flu is not so desirable! For the past 3 days I've been confined to the walls of my room. I feel like I'm in another world between the constant stream of movies coming in and the lack of communication with "outsiders". (other than facebook) I can honestly say I now have a genuine acceptance of the importance of communication. Especially interpersonal communication! I read the chapter for the days I've missed thus far and read the chapter for which I am to prepare a presentation. Since most of the chapters in this book thusfar are centered around communication, I think it's interesting we picked the relationship chapter. ("...hmm. Chapter 8 looks good, it's not the first and not the last, sounds good...") yeah, great picking. Altho, it was interesting, as I was reading this chapter I couldn't help thinking of the various relationships I've been in and comparing them to what was said. As a general rule I could see where we went wrong with our communication. My last relationship had a big problem with communication. We just didn't talk about anything really other than school, work, and what we were gonna do that day. Disaster. My goal in my next relationship- whenever that is, is to communicate more. I look at my mother and father and my sisters and their marriages and wow! They talk with eachother more than I would have expected. It's interesting to see what I'm reading come into play in the lives of those around me. Connections!! :)
Any good ideas on how to portray relationships to a class whose thoughts are already consumed with relationships? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment